Monday, November 2, 2009

The past week or so...

Hunter always hides in the curtains and looks out the window. So we were in the office and I was sewing. Hunter was being so good. He had brought some of his toys in there and was keeping himself occupied. When he hide in the curtains to look out the window, I didn't think anything of it. It wasn't until the next day I found his crayons sitting on the window seal and discovered his artwork.

Hayden is growing and developing so fast. I used to put her on the play gym for tummy time and she would just lay there. Then she started lifting her head and moving it from side to side. Now she can do all sorts of things; roll over, push up with her arms, reach up and grab the toys and then put the toys in her mouth. She even pushes the flowers to make the music come back on.




This is why we have hardwood floors. They are so dirty but I cant imagine having carpet. It would be ruined. Now I know why my parents always made us keep our food and drinks in the kitchen and dining room.

Jarad and Hunter worked on the playset this weekend. They built some steps, got the slats put up on the bottom platform, as well as some accessories: steering wheel, binoculars and canopy. They put everything on except the safety handles. Men...who needs safety? As most of you know, we bought a foreclosed home that was trashed. Only part of the back yard was fenced in with this ugly three foot fence. We've been trying to clean up what we call the "back back" (the rest of the back yard behind the fence) but it is taking forever. There is so much trash and brush back there. I looks like they threw their Christmas trees back there or something because we have found what looks to be whole dead trees. Finally, yesterday I finished mowing the last of the back back. Now all thats left back there is to cut down the huge sunflower stalks again that keep growing up around the septic tank sprinkler head. It will be a while before grass grows back there. It still needs a lot of work but it's getting better every weekend. I also mowed the front yard and part of the back yard. Now I know why it takes Jarad so long to mow 3/4 or an acre with a push mower. I have blisters on my hand as well as bruises where the bar kept pinching me. I wanted to wear gloves but Jarad made fun of me so I decided not to but now I wish I would have. Maybe next time, IF I ever mow again.

Hunter loves the measuring tape.

He knows what to do. Look at him measuring.

Testing the steering wheel out.

He loves to slide down the slide on his belly.

Checking out his new binoculars.

The playset after the new additions.

Hunter wanted to mow.

No comments: