Monday, December 7, 2009

Poor Baby Hayden

Hunter, Hayden and I have been sick. I guess I caught Hunter's cold. Then Hayden got sick. We called the doctor and they told us to use saline drops in her nose, put a pillow under her mattress to allow her to sleep inclined and use a humidifier in her room. Over the weekend she started running fever and her cough got really bad. She was wheezing and it was really deep in her chest. I took her to the doctor tonight and he told me she has developed RSV. The wanted to try a nebulizer treatment and if that didn't help they wanted to hospitalize her. Luckily, the nebulizer treatment helped. It was so hard to hold a mask on a screaming baby's face for 15 minutes. She kept pulling my hair and hitting me in the face but I survived. They sent us home with our own nebulizer and we have to do breathing treatments every four hours. She ate better tonight than she has eaten in a week so hopefully she will be back to her happy little self shortly.

No comments: