Monday, December 14, 2009

What's been going on...

We've been kind of busy here at the Hale house. Jarad stays busy at work. I am taking care of the kids, trying to finish school and working on putting on some races with CASA for my internship. And, of course, the kids are growing like weeds.

We put up our Christmas tree about a week ago and I can't keep Hunter away from it. It doesn't help that I placed it front of the window that he loves looking out. He finally broke an ornament today. Oh well, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

We went back to Abilene because Hayden was Baby Jesus in the Living Christmas Tree at Wylie Baptist Church this past weekend. She was in three performances. She did so well. I never heard her cry. Our trip was a little more chaotic than I was hoping but it was good to see our family. Sometimes, I just need a break from reality and it's nice to go back home and let someone else take care of the kids. I did a little catching up on sleep and I got two home cooked meals. So, overall it was worth while.

Hayden is enjoying eating. So far she has eaten rice cereal, carrots, yellow squash, butternut squash, bananas, avocados, and apple sauce. I gave her some apple juice for the first time today. She has liked everything we have given to her. Hopefully this pattern will continue. Hunter still loves Hayden. He likes when she is in his room. He shows her how to play with all the toys. He also enjoys taking care of her. He brings me diapers, helps feed and bathe her and loves to brush her hair. He is really proud of himself, as are Jarad and I. Hayden really likes Hunter as well. She moves her head to wherever he is. She has started pulling his hair if he gets to close. That really makes Hunter mad but it is so funny because she doesn't do it on purpose. Today, Hunter left his Cheerios on the floor and she scooted over to them and started eating them. Luckily, I was able to get them out of her mouth before she was able to choke on them.

I took some video of the kids this weekend but I left the charger to the camera in Abilene so as soon as I get that and charge the camera, I will post some videos.

No comments: