Wednesday, October 7, 2009

God never promises tomorrow!

Today the trial for the man accused of killing Jarad's grandfather, James, ended. He was sentenced to life in prison. Although I am thankful justice was served today, it doesn't make me feel any better. There are still siblings without their brother, children without their father, grandchildren without their grandfather, great-grandchildren who will never know their great-grandfather, and many other relatives and friends without the company of James W. Smith. I know this sounds very cliche but you never know when today is someone's last day. God never promises us tomorrow. Live every single day as it is your last. Never take a day for granted. Be thankful for what you have. I know all this is easier said than done. I am very thankful that I got to know James for a few years and that he got to meet his first great-grandchild, Hunter. This took place only two days before the murder. My prayers are with all the family and friends who lost James as a part of their life. The healing process is tough and I hope you will turn to God for strength.



James holding Hunter for the first and only time.
December 28, 2007

No comments: